I've had a lot of time to look at flowers and architecture in and around Stellenbosch so here's a sampling of what I've seen.
************************************************************
the town hall
************************************************************
the Minster
the Minster
**********************************************************************************
Here's a puzzle: how many helmeted guinea fowl are in this tree?
The photo below shows the aftermath of wildfire in the fynbos. This long row of mature protea plants may or may not recover, depending on the degree of damage to them.
************************************************************************************
So many of the flowers we see remind me of the spring bulbs that are for sale in Ontario nurseries, e.g. this one that shall remain nameless, at least for now.
I do enjoy the large pink sorrel that is flowering everywhere in the lawns and roadsides as well as in the fynbos. Here, with charred shrubs all around, it has somehow come up as mixed white and pink.
***************************************************************************
I really like the "Cape Dutch" style of the older buildings here, some of them from the late 1600's and 1700's
Conference, what conference?
ReplyDelete